If you’re looking to make a homemade gift this Valentines nothing says love quite like chocolate. These rose, raspberry and pistachio florentines are pretty, thoughtful and have a beautiful floral taste. The flavours are delicious and similar to Turkish delight; you’ll want to eat these all year around.
Takes: 20 minutes
Makes: Serves 12
Utensils: Bowl,Cooking Pan,Metal Whisk,Mini Baking Cases,Spoon
FOR THE CHOCOLATE100g CHOC Chick Cacao Butter
6 tbsp CHOC Chick Cacao Powder
3-5 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp rosewater
1 pinch salt
FOR THE FLORENTINE3/4 cup flaked almonds
3/4 cup shelled pistachios, crushed
1/4 cup dried cherries, chopped
3 tbsp dried raspberry pieces
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 pinch dried edible rose petals
1 pinch salt
12 fairy cake cases
- Heat a small pan of water on a medium heat.
- Place a glass bowl on top to gently melt the cacao butter. Once the cacao butter has melted stir in the rest of the ingredients.
- Divide the chocolate between 12 fairy cake cases (approx. 2 tbsp.) and set aside
- Once cooled refrigerate the chocolates to firm up.
FOR THE FLORENTINE
- Place the almonds, pistachio, cherries and maple syrup into a pan. Place over a medium heat to allow the syrup to caramelize. Stir well to prevent sticking.
- Once the syrup has caramelized remove from the heat and stir in the dried raspberries and rose petals.
- Divide the mixture between each of the chocolates (approx. 1 tbsp.), and press down to make the ‘Florentine’ flat.
- Set to one side and allow the Florentine mix to cool, and harden.