These mushroom and spinach crepes would be perfect for any time of the day. Stuffed with garlicky mushrooms, wilted spinach and creamy yoghurt these savoury crepes are wonderfully moreish.
Takes: 15 minutes
Makes: 6 crepes
Utensils: Blender,Cooking Pan,Metal Whisk,Spatula,Spoon
1 – 2 tbsp. CHOC Chick Cacao Butter (12-24 beans)
1 ½ cup gram flour
1 ½ cup water
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. onion powder
¼ tsp. black salt
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 tbsp. CHOC Chick Cacao Butter (12 beans)
600g mushrooms, chopped
3 garlic cloves, crushed
¼ cup. nutritional yeast
½ cup. coconut yoghurt
Additional coconut yoghurt
- Place all of the ingredients for the crepes in a blender and blend until smooth
- Set aside for 20-30 minutes to thicken
- Heat the cacao butter in a large frying pan over a medium heat
- Pour 1/3 cup of batter into the pan and swirl around
- Allow to cook for a couple of minutes until the top of the crepe starts to bubble
- Flip the crepe and cook for another couple of minutes until it has started to brown
- Repeat this step for the rest of batter
- Keep the crepes warm by storing in the oven on a low heat
FOR THE FILLING
- Heat the cacao butter in a small pan on a medium-high heat, and once melted add in the garlic and mushrooms. Cook for 10 minutes, or until soft.
- Drain off any excess water from the mushrooms then stir in the spinach and allow to wilt. Stir in the nutritional yeast, yoghurt and salt and pepper.
- Divide the mixture between the crepes and serve with fresh thyme and additional coconut yoghurt.