Bursting with beautiful colours, and fresh flavours, this Vegetable Frittata is the perfect way to welcome Spring. It’s packed with asparagus, broccoli and cherry tomatoes, as well as peas and spring onion. Cooked in cacao butter, this frittata does not require huge amounts of oil and boasts all the benefits of the cacao bean.
Takes: 40 minutes
100 g asparagus, chopped
100 g broccoli, chopped
75 g frozen peas, thawed
6 spring onions, chopped
220 g tomatoes / approx. 20
50 g feta cheese (or vegan alternative)
2 CHOC Chick Cacao Butter beans
FRITTATA BATTER1/2 cup gram flour
300 g silken tofu
1/3 cup soy milk
1/2 tsp Indian black salt
3 tbsp nutritional yeast
A pinch of black pepper, to taste
Fresh parsley, to taste
- Pre heat the oven to 200c
- Heat 1-2 cacao butter beans in an ovenproof skillet over a medium to high heat
- Once the cocoa butter has melted, add the asparagus and cherry tomatoes to the pan
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the cherry tomatoes burst
- Place the ingredients for the frittata batter into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Alternatively place the ingredients into a large bowl and whisk well until the batter is smooth
- Add the rest of vegetables to the skillet and pour over the frittata batter, making sure it’s evenly distributed. Sprinkle the cheese over the top and place into the oven to cook for 30 minutes, checking it half way through.
- Serve with peashoots or watercress salad.