Raw Chocolate Popcorn Cakes
Popping your own popcorn is a really fun activity but it lacks chocolate, don’t you think?! Add some CHOC to your popcorn with these Raw Chocolate Popcorn Cakes.
Takes: 25 minutes
Makes: As many as you like!
50g CHOC Chick Cacao Butter
25g popping corn
3-5 tbsp maple syrup or fruit syrup
3 tbsp CHOC Chick Cacao Powder
2 tbsp cooking oil (coconut oil is good but use whatever you have)
1 tsp vanilla bean extract (optional)
- If you have a pan with a glass lid then this is extra fun because you get to see all of the popping action but, whatever pan you choose, make sure that has a well fitting lid or your popcorn will be popping all over the kitchen!
- First make the popcorn: Put a large pan on a medium-high heat and add the cooking oil and popcorn kernels. Give the kernels a stir to coat them in the oil and then place the lid on the pan and wait for popping!
- When there has been no popping sounds for 20 seconds, turn off the heat and transfer the popcorn to a large mixing bowl.
- Now it’s time to make the chocolate… Melt the cacao butter gently in a bowl over a pan of water on a low heat.
- Once the cacao butter has melted add 3 tablespoons of cacao powder and sweeten with 5 tablespoons of Sweet Freedom. Add your vanilla bean extract and mix well with a balloon whisk.
- Remove from the heat and pour the chocolate mixture over the popped popcorn. Gently mix with a wooden spoon until all of the popcorn is coated in chocolate.
- Spoon the chocolatey popcorn into the baking cases and place them in the fridge for about 10 minutes to set (lick the spoon while you wait!). Now all that’s left to do is eat and enjoy!
Leave a comment
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published