Healthier and Utterly Delicious Vegan Raw Chocolate Truffles
'Tis the season to roll truffles! I love creating healthier alternatives to traditional Christmas favourites and these vegan, dairy free and low sugar truffles taste just as delicious, if not better, than commercially bought Terry’s Chocolate Orange and Ferrero Rocher. I’ve also made some with coconut, rum and raisin as I seem to have a pot of raisins by my stove that I top up regularly with some rum, ready for any occasion. Super simple to make and utterly delicious. Hope you enjoy.
Takes: 120 minutes
200 g CHOC Chick cacao butter
60 g CHOC Chick cacao powder (12 tablespoons)
200 g coconut cream
6 tbsp agave syrup, fruit syrup or maple syrup (sweeten to taste)
1 vanilla pod
FLAVOUR COMBINATIONSsultanas soaked in rum
orange or mandarin oil essence
chopped and roasted hazelnuts
- Gently melt the raw cacao butter and coconut cream in a bowl over a saucepan of hot water over a low heat.
- Once melted, add the raw cacao powder, vanilla bean and Fruit Syrup and mix well with a metal balloon whisk (taste the mix and add more sweetener if required).
- Turn off the heat and transfer the mix into 3 bowls
- Add 3-4 drops of orange essence or oil to taste in one bowl, mix in raisins soaked in rum in another bowl and add around 20-30g chopped hazelnuts into the third bowl
- Place the bowls in the freezer and eave to set for around 45-50 minutes, until the mix hardens enough to roll into truffles.
- Once the chocolate has set: Roll a teaspoon sized piece of the mixture in your hands until it is shaped like a ball. Roll the orange flavoured truffle mix in ground almonds, the rum and raisin mix in desiccated coconut and the hazelnut mix in chopped roasted hazelnuts.
- Place in gift bags and share the love (try not to eat them all yourself!).
Leave a comment
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published