These vegan, raw chocolate fudge bars are utterly divine and so easy to make. Inspired by a recipe created by one of our amazing CHOC followers on Instagram, the lovely Hannah @hanzipans. Her recipe looked so amazing, I just had to make them for #chocolatetuesday and bring them to the office. I used peanut butter as I didn’t have any almond butter, which I think would taste even more delicious, but it works perfectly with any nut butter.
Takes: 20 minutes
RAW CHOC CRUST
1/2 cup pecan nuts
1/4 cup cacao nibs
1/4 cup cashew nuts
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
3 tbsp CHOC Chick Raw Cacao Powder
1 tsp vanilla bean extract
2-3 tbsp agave, maple syrup or fruit syrup (add more or less to taste)
CHOC FUDGE INGREDIENTS1/2 cup peanut butter / almond butter or other nut butter
30 g CHOC Chick Cacao butter
2 tbsp CHOC Chick Raw Cacao Powder
1-2 tbsp optional - agave, maple syrup or fruit syrup (to taste)
FIRST MAKE THE RAW CHOC CRUST
- Blitz all the ingredients together in a food processor. Leave chunky for a nice crunch.
- Line a small baking tray with grease proof paper and press the mix down with your fingers and level with a spatula.
- Place in the freezer while you prepare the fudge mix.
NOW FOR THE CHOC FUDGE
- Melt the peanut/almond butter together with the cacao butter in a bowl over a pan of water on a low heat.
- Mix in the cacao powder and sweeten if desired.
- Once blended well together, spread over the crust layer and place back in the freezer for around an hour until solid.
AND FINALLY THE RAW CHOC TOPPING
- We made our Simple Raw Chocolate Recipe (melting 25g cacao butter 2tbsp cacao powder and sweetened to taste).
- Take the CHOC fudge out of the freezer and drizzle the melted raw CHOC mix over liberally (get CHOC creative and swirl away!)
- Sprinkle over some cacao nibs, freeze dried raspberries or raspberry powder.
- Place back in the freezer and leave to set for around 40 minutes.
- Once set, cut into squares and enjoy straight from the freezer (it takes minutes to turn into a lovely fudgy consistency).