This delicious truffles recipe is super easy to make and perfect for using up the remaining raw cacao powder in your CHOC Kits. It’s a super healthy alternative packed with raw chocolate goodness, dates, pecan nuts, coconut and love! Enjoy!
Takes: 30 minutes
100 g pecan nuts
8-12 pitted dates (soaked in warm water)
1 tbsp desiccated coconut
4-6 tbsp CHOC Chick Raw Cacao Powder (more for a darker cocoa taste)
3-5 tbsp fruit syrup
3-5 drops vanilla bean extract
ground almonds, desiccated coconut, crushed hazelnuts or extra cacao powder to roll the truffles in
- Soak the pitted dates in warm water for around 5 minutes. Blend the pecan nuts, coconut and dates in a food processor (keep the warm water used to soften the dates and add a little bit to the mix to help blend and moisten).
- Add the raw cacao powder and the fruit or agave syrup and blitz together to blend.
- Place mixture in a bowl and mix well (have a little taste it’s absolutely delish). Roll spoonful’s of the mix into round balls and roll in the cacao powder, ground almonds, hazelnuts or desiccated coconut.
- Chill the truffles in the fridge for half an hour to an hour and enjoy!
- *These truffles can be kept in the fridge for up to 7 days or for several weeks in the freezer.