Impress your guests this Christmas with homemade after dinner mints! After Dinner Maple Mints are decadently dark and delicious with the deep maple flavours smoothing over the refreshing minty centre. The outer shell of raw chocolate adds a satisfying crunch that is sure to impress. You can make them ahead of time and store in the freezer until you’re ready to serve.
100 g CHOC Chick Raw Cacao Butter
6 tbsp CHOC Chick Raw Cacao Powder
3 tbsp maple syrup or CHOC Chick Sweet Freedom
50 g cashews
3 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp water
1 tsp peppermint extract
1 tsp vanilla extract
- To make the chocolate: Melt the cacao butter in a bowl over a pan of simmering water. Whisk in the cacao powder and then the maple syrup until fully combined.
- Spoon chocolate into your chocolate moulds until they are half full. Place the mould in the freezer for 10 minutes or alternatively, leave until set.
- Meanwhile, make the filling: Blend all of the remaining ingredients until they’re completely smooth and set aside.
- When the chocolate in the moulds is solid, spoon small amounts of the filling onto the centre of each chocolate, taking care not to get any on the sides.
- With the rest of your chocolate mixture, fill the moulds to the top and leave to set once again.
- Turn your chocolates out carefully, as they have soft centres, and store in the freezer until you are ready to serve.