Edible gifts are always the best and nothing says love like homemade truffles. So why not gift those you love with a box of chocolate liqueur delights? Homemade chocolates truffles might sound like a tricky task, but they’re honestly super simple to make. They might be a little on the messy side although that’s part of the fun. Unlike regular truffles, these melt-in-your-mouth chocolates are vegan and gluten free. Enjoy!
Takes: 15 minutes
Makes: 15 truffles
3/4 cup CHOC Chick Raw Cacao Powder
3/4 cup CHOC Chick Raw Cacao Butter
3 1/2 tbsp Baileys Liqueur (Use Besos De Oro to make vegan-friendly)
4-5 tbsp CHOC Chick Sweet Freedom or maple syrup
CHOC Chick Raw Cacao Powder
- Melt the cacao butter until liquid – you can do this in a small pan over a low heat on the hob or a small bowl in the microwave for a couple of minutes
- Once the cacao butter has melted, pour into a bowl and stir in the rest of the ingredients until a smooth, thick ganache has formed
- Place the bowl in the fridge for 45-minutes - 1 hour. Meanwhile place each of the coatings into three separate bowls.
- When the ganache has set, remove from the fridge. Scoop a truffle using the small end of a melon baller or tsp. (approx. 15g per truffle). Shape and roll the truffle in one of the coatings until covered.
- Place the finished truffle onto a baking sheet and repeat the process with the rest of truffle mixture.
- When all of the truffles have been made, return to the fridge for 30 minutes to firm up. Store in an airtight container.