This chocolate chilli pumpkin soup is the perfect dish to bring you comfort on these colder autumn days. In this recipe cacao shows off its savoury side, by adding richness and intensifying flavours, as well as helping to bring out the chilli flavour for a warming and delicious soup.
Takes: 30 minutes
400 g pumpkin, chopped & peeled
400 g sweet potato, chopped & peeled
200 g carrots, chopped
2 white onions, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tbsp CHOC Chick cacao butter (12 beans)
1 tbsp turmeric
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp CHOC Chick cacao powder
1/4 tsp chilli flakes
1 litre vegetable stock
- Put the cacao butter into a large pan and melt over a medium heat, and then cook the onions until soft.
- Once the onions have softened add in the pumpkin, sweet potato, carrots, garlic and spices and cook for 10 minutes until the vegetables begin to soften.
- Add in the vegetable stock and bring to the boil, then simmer for another 10 minutes until all of the vegetables are soft.
- Using a hand blender, blend the soup until smooth.
- Bring the soup back to the boil and serve with a drizzle of cream and extra chilli flakes if desired