CHOC Crunch Bars
A delicious raw chocolate energy bar to give you a boost when you need it most. Make some hot chocolate, invite friends round and get CHOC cosy with these healthy CHOC Crunch Bars.
Takes: 20 minutes
Makes: Serves 4
100 g CHOC Chick Raw Cacao Butter
6 tbsp CHOC Chick Raw Cacao Powder
3 tbsp CHOC Chick Sweet Freedom
2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
100 g Biscuits, crushed (digestive or similar)
200 g Dried fruit and seeds*
- First, prepare the topping: slice the dried fruit into bite-sized pieces and mix with the seeds.
- Line a tin or container with baking paper (one about the size of a Victoria sandwich tin works well) and set aside.
- Crush your biscuits if you haven’t already.
- In a bowl over a pan of simmering water (bain marie) melt the cacao butter. When completely liquid remove from the heat, whisk in the cacao powder, cinnamon and then the Sweet Freedom. Continue to whisk until fully combined.
- Mix with metal balloon whisk
- Stir in the crushed biscuits and half of the fruit and nut mixture. Mix well until everything is coated in chocolate.
- Press the mixture into the lined tin/container and top with the remaining fruit and nuts, pressing them down slightly to help them stick.
- Chill until set, slice and enjoy!
*We used dried pears, cranberries, apricots and pumpkin and sesame seeds
Leave a comment
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published