Our CHOCaliciously Decadent Christmas Chocolate Truffle Recipe is ideal for home made chocolate gifts. Share the love and make unique presents to hand out this Christmas (everyone I know will be getting these!).
Takes: 80 minutes
Makes: 30 truffles
100 g CHOC Chick Raw Cacao Butter
30 g CHOC Chick Raw Cacao Powder (6-7 tablespoons)
2-3 tbsp CHOC Chick Agave Syrup or Sweet Freedom Original
25 g butter (for a completely raw version, there really isn’t any need to add this butter, so don’t add if you are vegan)
5 tsp rum (or water)
4 tbsp single cream (vegan creams work brilliantly!)
50 g ground almonds
Extra CHOC Chick Raw Cacao Powder, cinnamon or desiccated coconut to roll the truffles in
- Gently melt the raw cacao butter in a bowl over a saucepan of hot water over a low heat.
- Once it’s melted, add the raw cacao powder and Sweet Freedom or agave syrup and mix well with a metal balloon whisk (taste the mix and add more sweetener if required).
- Turn off the heat and add the rum or water and mix well.
- Mix in the cream then add the ground almonds.
- Leave to set for around 50 minutes in the freezer until the mix hardens enough to roll into truffles.
- Once the chocolate has set: Roll a teaspoon sized piece of the mixture in your hands until it is shaped like a ball. Roll in desiccated coconut or raw cacao powder (mix in some cinnamon for a lovely Christmassy taste).