We love Halloween and what better way to celebrate the day of the dead than with spicy chilli chocolate hearts inspired by the ancient Aztec and Mayan. They look so innocent and lovely no one will suspect the chilli kick surprise!
Takes: 25 minutes
Makes: 30 hearts
100 g CHOC Chick Raw Cacao Butter
6 tbsp CHOC Chick Raw Cacao Powder
3-4 tsp CHOC Chick Sweet Freedom, agave syrup, honey or maple syrup ( to taste)
½ tsp cayenne pepper chili powder (taste and add a little more if required)
½ tsp vanilla bean extract
You'll find all the raw chocolate making ingredients in our lovely Raw Chocolate Making Bundle
- Melt the cacao butter gently in a bowl over a pan of water on a low heat.
- Once the cacao butter has melted add 6 tbsp cacao powder and sweeten with 3-4 tbsp your sweetener or choice (Sweet Freedom, agave syrup, honey or maple syrup) and add the vanilla and cayenne pepper.
- Maintain on a low heat and mix well with a metal balloon whisk. Make sure to taste the mix and add some more sweetener and cayenne pepper if required.
- Remove from heat and carefully spoon the warm runny cocoa mixture into heart shaped ice cube trays or the mini baking cases.
- Place the mould or mini cases in the freezer for 20 minutes to set and enjoy lovely and cold straight from the freezer, but beware the spicy surprise!