CHOC Chick has created a very special recipe for Valentine’s Day; raw chocolate covered coconut bars. It’s a taste of paradise with coconut and cacao, bringing sunshine and love to a cold and rainy Britain.
This bounty of love is a divine and healthy treat. These coconut ‘bounty’ bars are easy to make and don’t need to be kept frozen, so you can take them anywhere and share them with the ones you love on 14 February – and beyond.
To celebrate the day of love, we’re offering the three most romantic posts a LOVEly prize of our popular CHOC Chick Starter Kit each, containing all the raw cacao ingredients to make this and other divine raw CHOC recipes. Please post and share your favourite recipes and images made with CHOC Chick cacao, use the #CHOClove and tag us @gochocchick on Instagram and Twitter or @CHOCChick on Facebook to enter. We will announce the winners on February 14th. Good luck!
Raw CHOC Coconut Bars For The Ones You Love
- Prepare a freezer-safe dish big enough for 12 bars (if you need to layer them, separate with sheets of baking paper).
- In a large bowl, mix the coconut, condensed milk and one teaspoon of the vanilla until thoroughly combined.
- With wet hands, shape the mixture into rectangular bars and place in the freezer-safe container.
- Freeze for one to two hours or overnight. *
- Meanwhile, prepare a tray or plate by lining it with baking paper.
- When the bars are frozen, make the chocolate by melting the cacao butter in a bain marie, then whisking in the cacao powder, Sweet Freedom and remaining vanilla. Remove from the heat and leave to cool for five to ten minutes or until the mixture starts to thicken.
- Holding your bars with forks, dip them one at a time into the chocolate, coat them completely and place them onto the prepared tray. Leave to set and thaw.
*You only need to freeze the bars to keep them in shape while they’re covered in chocolate. They don’t need to stay frozen and can last for up to 5 days, stored in a cool dry place or in the fridge.