This is honestly THE most amazing chocolate cake ever! And it’s sugar and gluten free and full of goodness. I tried this recipe out yesterday and still can’t believe how easy and absolutely delicious it is. So CHOCalicious (my daughter Ella named it) is this cake that I had to put half of it in the freezer so I didn’t eat it all up myself.
Here is the recipe, hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
CHOCalicious Raw Chocolate Cake
- 240g walnuts or mixed nuts (I used 2 packets, 120g each, of mixed nuts that included almonds, hazelnuts, brazil nuts with walnuts)
- Dash salt
- 12 pitted medjool dates, un-soaked
- 6 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean extract
- 3 teaspoons water
- Optional – fresh fruit to garnish (strawberries and or raspberries)
Blend nuts and salt in a food processor until finely ground. Add dates, raw cacao powder, agave and vanilla, process until mixture begins to stick together. Add the water and process briefly.
Line a dinner plate with greaseproof paper. Add the mix and form into a 5-inch round cake. Wrap the cake in the greaseproof paper and place in the freezer for around half an hour or chill for 2 hours in the fridge.
While it sets happily, you can make this delicious icing or CHOCfrosting or if you prefer it without any icing and are slightly impatient (like me), simply cut up into squares and eat as brownies!
- 25g raw cacao butter
- 2 table spoons raw cacao powder
- 1-2 tablespoons agave (to taste)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla bean extract
- 2 tablespoons cream
Melt the raw cacao butter in a bowl over a pan of boiling water. Once melted, remove from heat and add the cacao powder, agave syrup, vanilla and mix well. Once blended add the cream and mix again. The consistency will become thicker as the cream is added. Leave for a few moments to thicken.
Remove the cake from the freezer/fridge. Place on a serving place. Ice the cake with the CHOCfrosting mix and place back in the fridge to set for around 1 hour. You can also garnish with fresh fruits of the forest, raspberries or strawberries, serve and enjoy!